I know XR45's are hard to come by these days, but does anyone know where I can get one?

Views: 2941

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Luke Gardner said:

More interesting to me is whether they will sell Boberg owners their new barrels and unlock blocks. I'd give a set a whirl for fun... In fact I think I'll call BOND tomorrow!

Bond has their barrels and unlock blocks treated by Robar with NP3 (this came straight from Robar's president). You can have those parts treated with NP3 for under $100. I am going to have both of my Boberg's treated.

I would like to know more about this.  Any additional info would be appreciated.  Thanx!

Robar offers a number of different firearm finishes. The one Bond Arms uses is called NP3' which is electroless nickel with teflon. The finish is a dull silver, and is very durable and resistant to moisture and salt. Since the teflon is imbedded in the finish, new teflon particles are exposed as the finish wears. I have a couple of long guns done by Robar, and a pistol there right now. Their gunsmithing work is superb. They charge $330 for an entire pistol, which includes complete disassembly, treatment of all parts except springs and sights, and then complete reassembly. From their price list, it appears that a pistol barrel would be $50 for NP3, and another small part $30. Attached is a photo of my Benelli Ultralight with NP3.
Attachments:
Like,

I just lucked into a NIB XR9-L Platinum. Scott at BRL is going to make me a caiman OWB holster. Same magazines, so I don't need need a new mag holder. I had been looking for a XR45, but the XR9-L produces a little more power than the shortie (due to the longer barrel), and I like the longer sighting radius, so I decided to stick with 9mm. I don't know the average price for an XR9-L, because not many seem to come up for sale. The XR-45-S seems to be up to $2,000 now. Makes me wonder if Bond will reconsider and build all three Boberg models.

You will enjoy the XR9L. Scott built me the same holster in black two years ago. Beautiful workmanship. My only suggestion, go with 1.5 inch belt and loops. Makes for sturdier carry.

Vern said:

Like,

I just lucked into a NIB XR9-L Platinum. Scott at BRL is going to make me a caiman OWB holster. Same magazines, so I don't need need a new mag holder. I had been looking for a XR45, but the XR9-L produces a little more power than the shortie (due to the longer barrel), and I like the longer sighting radius, so I decided to stick with 9mm. I don't know the average price for an XR9-L, because not many seem to come up for sale. The XR-45-S seems to be up to $2,000 now. Makes me wonder if Bond will reconsider and build all three Boberg models.

I have a NIB XR45-S I would consider a deal on. Anyone interested please let me know. 

A NIB 45-S just sold on GB last Sunday for $1199. Auction must have been up less than an hour. Aberrational price. Used have gone over $1.5K. IMHO the seller made a BIG booboo putting it on with such a low buy it now price. Probably coulda fetched north of $1.6K for it.

Jeremy Simpson said:

I have a NIB XR45-S I would consider a deal on. Anyone interested please let me know. 

Jeremy,

Is it two-tone, platinum, or onyx?

Thanks
Its a two tone, and Im the one that just purchased off GB. It was a deal, hence why I bought it. I have a matching 9 and 45 in onyx.
I just listed a pristine XR45 up on GB. Its a two tone. Serial number 0003. 1950 buys it. 2250 buys it now. I hope you all may find some interest.

Did it sell?  I just looked to see what the activity looked like, and did not see it listed.

Jeremy Simpson said:

I just listed a pristine XR45 up on GB. Its a two tone. Serial number 0003. 1950 buys it. 2250 buys it now. I hope you all may find some interest.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service