How many XR45's were made to date? I saw the video from Bond Arms about the Bond Bullpup and no word on the continuation of the XR45.

Views: 1986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Made a graph--you know, with actual graph paper.  We have very few data points, but a picture emerged.  An XR45-S in the 40s was delivered in July 2014--another with a number in the high 300s was delivered in November 2014--So, about 375 were manufactured in about 5 to 6 months for an average production of about 63 to 75 pistols per month.  Then another XR45-S in the high 600s was reported delivered in December 2015, but the sale of the company was announced around November 6, so that one was probably finished in October 2015 for an average rate of production of around 28 per month.  I also found a report published by the US Bureau of ATFE showing in the 2012 calendar year Boberg Arms produced 751, "Miscellaneous firearms," and, "Disposed of them in the stream of commerce."  Why can't the government just say they made and sold 751 pistols.  Anyway those were probably all 9mm as they had not begun producing XR45-S for sale.  The statistic shows Boberg Arms made about 63 guns per month in 2012.  This was approximately their full capacity and matches their apparent maximum production of XR45-S pistols in the first 5 or 6 months of production.  I am guessing they devoted all of their time to making XR45-S for a few months, and then they apparently went back to producing a mix of 9mm along with some .45s until the company was sold.  A lot of words to say I agree with S2324's reply that 700 is about the maximum number and it would be great to hear if anybody owns one with a higher number.

So far, I don't think there are 700 of us talking on these boards.   

Rickey,

Great info. Thanks for sharing. 

636 here

Just purchased #93 XR45-S  2 tone nib from dealer yesterday 

I took delivery of an XR45-S on Aug 6, 2015.  It has serial #0631.

I took delivery of an XR9-L on the same day-- serial #0761.

I have shot neither, but I have a third Boberg (an XR9-S) that I shoot all the time, and took delivery on several months earlier (before SHOT Show 2015).  

Nevin

Just to add to the data chart, I received my XR45-S on 9/2014, Ser #227

GONRA's XR45-S was in the Group Boberg Website Foto dated 07/11/2014.

Received #29 on 07/16/2014.   (Had been "ordered" for a looong tyme!)

Shoots great with Winchester 230 gn. ball ammo.    Haven't tried my handloads.  

Pretty sure no more will be produced so don't wanna screw it up.....

I have a Platinum XR45-s with Polished Slide and Night Sights.  Anyone know how many with the polished slide were made? Mine is #175 received on October 2nd 2014

I have #41 in the black. I wonder how many of those were shipped. Thinking I have one of the first in the black finish.

Anyone have the black ones?

I have one in the same batch. How is yours running? Any FTFs and/or live round ejections?

Kenneth Chapman said:

I have #41 in the black. I wonder how many of those were shipped. Thinking I have one of the first in the black finish.

Anyone have the black ones?

I have not had very good luck with mine. I had lots of live round ejections. I had lifting block trouble or maybe lifter is a better name. The lifter locked up in mine and I send it back, they also changed the mag springs. It might be better now after that. When I got it back I just put it in the safe and never shot it anymore. I was moving my safe last evening and saw it again. I had about two hundred rounds down the tube before the lifter messed up. Maybe will give it a try again soon. How is yours doing?

Sadly it is the gun that "killed" Boberg Arms. Not really, but a little bit.  Mine mostly shoots well after having put well over 1000 rounds through the pipe, but I do periodically get a live round kick out (LRE). I notice that it happens with some magazines and not others. Mark Dante, has written that the LRE  relates to a malformed internal ejector. If that's the case, then the problem seems to be exacerbated by faulty mag springs. I love the concept of the Boberg 45, and it is VERY accurate, but due to the LRE problem, I've moved over to a Sig P220 Carry. A lot heavier and much less concealable, but it goes bang EVERY time.

Kenneth Chapman said:

I have not had very good luck with mine. I had lots of live round ejections. I had lifting block trouble or maybe lifter is a better name. The lifter locked up in mine and I send it back, they also changed the mag springs. It might be better now after that. When I got it back I just put it in the safe and never shot it anymore. I was moving my safe last evening and saw it again. I had about two hundred rounds down the tube before the lifter messed up. Maybe will give it a try again soon. How is yours doing?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service