How many XR45's were made to date? I saw the video from Bond Arms about the Bond Bullpup and no word on the continuation of the XR45.

Views: 1986

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have two of the XR45's and after replacing the mag springs I had very good luck with them as far as reliability.  Live round ejection has not been a problem for me.  I know Mark says that limp wristing cannot cause it, but the only LRE's I have had are at the end of long shooting sessions when I am tiring and not paying attention to my grip or when shooting for accuracy and using a fairly loose grip.

My problem is the length to the trigger and the long trigger pull.  It is just too big of a gun for me and I cannot shoot fast or fast with accuracy.  

I got my XDs45 back out and it is a pleasure to shoot compared to the Boberg.  (1/3 the price also)

Kenneth Chapman said:

I have not had very good luck with mine. I had lots of live round ejections. I had lifting block trouble or maybe lifter is a better name. The lifter locked up in mine and I send it back, they also changed the mag springs. It might be better now after that. When I got it back I just put it in the safe and never shot it anymore. I was moving my safe last evening and saw it again. I had about two hundred rounds down the tube before the lifter messed up. Maybe will give it a try again soon. How is yours doing?

Well maybe will take mine back to the range and see how it does now. Maybe with the new mag springs it will work better. I had hoped it would run great because I wanted to carry it.

Definitly count on another 700 - 800 rounds downrange before she smooths out. Also, possibly consider the after-market treatment of the unlock block and barrel lug  so as to avoid the need for the molly coating. As I understand it, because of the super tight tolerances of the Boberg design, molly by itself is OK, but once it mixes with other lube mediums and powder burn residue, it goops up to make the Boberg effectively unshootable after about 150 - 200 rounds without at least a good wipe down.

Kenneth Chapman said:

Well maybe will take mine back to the range and see how it does now. Maybe with the new mag springs it will work better. I had hoped it would run great because I wanted to carry it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service