How many XR45's were made to date? I saw the video from Bond Arms about the Bond Bullpup and no word on the continuation of the XR45.

Views: 1949

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for reporting Rickey. So there could be as many 750 to 1000 in the wild, but not likely more than 1K.

Does anyone know if Bond will build more 45s soon or are they going to stick to the 9MM platform for a good while?

Rickey Stansifer said:

Got my XR45-S in December 2015 thru gun broker.com--number is high 600s.  

Mine is in the high 500's, and it went out in May.

I just picked mine up, on the secondary market. It is a mid 400 serial number. 

To make this even more interesting, how many on each Onyx, Platinum and two tone were produced?

I can guess that the most were two tone.  Mine is an Onyx.

Congratulations!!!!  Let us know in some detail how she performs. As to your guess as to numbers of different models produced, I'm not so sure about the two-tone (2T). I was a very early adopter of the platform. The first two I purchased were both 2Ts. Shortly after I received mine I returned one for retro-finishing to an Onyx model once Arne opened up that opportunity. I remember reading somewhere on the site that the Onyx was the most popular finish in the 9mm platform once it became available. This stands to reason... the Boberg is designed as a SD firearm, not a big ole range/target gun. Logically most concealed carriers want the most discreet portable firearm possible. In a Boberg, that's obviously going to be in an Onyx finish.

S2324 said:

I just picked mine up, on the secondary market. It is a mid 400 serial number. 

To make this even more interesting, how many on each Onyx, Platinum and two tone were produced?

I can guess that the most were two tone.  Mine is an Onyx.

Price being a big consideration, the Onyx was the highest price. I agree that it is the best finish for a concealed piece. I really do like the Platinum as well. To each his own.

I got the platinum because, well, pretty. (reading too much Gonra)

I have an onyx 9 and if I were to carry a Boberg, that would be it.

So back to the numbers. It looks like we have up to the high 600's

Does anyone have the actual numbers for the xr45 and how many they made of each flavor.

Arne, are you still around?

Haven't seen him here in a long while. In any event, odds are that he is subject to a stringent NDA per the terms of the sale to Bond Arms.

Dumb question of the week.  Onyx, platinum, 2 tone;  Would each series have its own set of serial #s?

No. 

John s neska said:

Dumb question of the week.  Onyx, platinum, 2 tone;  Would each series have its own set of serial #s?

I've kind wondered for a while, did he and Melony break up and she get the company in a settlement? That would explain a lot, but since I don't actually know the people in question...

Luke Gardner said:

Haven't seen him here in a long while. In any event, odds are that he is subject to a stringent NDA per the terms of the sale to Bond Arms.

Anyone in the 700 serial number range yet?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service