They described the colors they say they have as all black, matte silver, and shiny nickle. Wished I'd heard about this before the red and blue frames were gone!

bRIAN

Many of you have been patiently (or impatiently) waiting for the release of the Bond Arms BullPup...

To give you an update, we are within about 3-5 weeks of starting to ship the first BullPups. (maybe sooner)

BUT, before we do, we are going to offer you an opportunity to purchase one of the last of only 262 197 Boberg XR9S that will ever be made.

These Bobergs are what we received when we purchased the company, once these are gone there will never be another Boberg XR9S sold.

This is an extremely small number of guns with Boberg’s original serial numbers on them.

(These will be collector items)

The only thing we added was Bond Arms Granbury, TX under the Boberg name on the frame (required by law since we now own them).

AND we replaced the barrel and unlock block with the BullPup’s coated barrel and unlock block.  This was done to eliminate the black gooey anti-seize grease that Boberg used. This greatly enhances the performance of the gun.

We have several different colors of frames to choose from in limited numbers, so once a color is gone, it’s gone. 

(Red and Blue Frames are now sold out)

These will be collector items, so don’t miss out on this Special Offer.

Call 817-573-4445 and place your order now so you don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity….

or email us at customerservice@bondarms.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One other bonus we would like to tell you about:

When the Bullpup launches we will only be selling 150 per month 
at $977 MSRP. (we are now taking orders)

If you are a current Bond Arms owner, or you purchase one of the 

"Last Of The Bobergs" 

You will have the first opportunity to buy a Bond Bullpup.

We already have over 10,000++ people who are waiting for one.

Don’t Hesitate!! Once we let this news out about the Bullpup gun, we will be extremely backordered… 

The Last of the Bobergs” 

will be sold at the original Boberg price of: $1,300

Call 817-573-4445 and place your order now so you don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity….

or email us at customerservice@bondarms.com

Thanks,

Gordon Bond

President Bond Arms Inc.

Views: 2097

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Mark. Sounds like I should get in line for a Bullpup.
I know what you mean about brass. It does seem a bit abusive to brass on the way out. How does one fix Boberging? A full head shield?

I am going to sell my SR9s's at some point. I had what I thought was a need when I bought them. Turned out; not so much. I have only carried one of them. The rest are in the boxes. Low one hundred serial numbers. And an additional black one I can't find. I hid it before a vacation and have never been able to figure out what clever place I put it.

I have been mulling over the value of trying to get coated parts for the excess ones rather than leave them stock. It does seem that I should buy 4 of the fixed extractor from you if you can get them. If you are making a list, please put me on it. What is your opinion of doing the coated parts change?

I was in contact with Bond back in late March. I requested info. about getting replacement blocks and barrels for my 9&45, this is the reply I got.

Subject: Re: Boberg Barrels and lock Block

W. L.,

We're not selling replacement coated barrels and unlock blocks yet. We're working on getting pricing and parts ready for that for XR9-S models. We'll most likely be offering an upgrade where you would send your gun in to have the new parts installed. The cost will probably be around $300. We'll have more information in the next month or so. We haven't begun working on the .45 models yet so if that becomes available it won't be for a few years.

Thank you,
Liz Woolverton                                                       
Bond Arms                                      
P.O.Box 1296                                  
Granbury, TX 76048

alternety said:

I have some Bobergs. The one I am actually using behaves just like a Boberg.

I was/am considering buying a Bond Bullpup to fix the issues with the Bobergs. I communicated with them and the response I got was that the only significant difference was the coating on the barrel and the associated piece. Then I read in this thread about the fix for the Duhh problem (example, slapping your self in the forehead, and exclaiming you could have had a pellet gun). Hopefully it could also tame the brass going <= 40 feet in random directions. Does anyone know how much that fixed fixed extractor improves things. I would like to reload, but searching for the brass (and the percent found) makes reloading problematic.

From exchanges, it appears that Bond will provide eventually updates to the barrel/locking lug issue and associated extractor. Cost unknown. Apparently at least one person posting here has been able to exchange these parts for coated versions (I believe without charge).

Drawing on the combined knowledge of us owners (including an owner named Mark - hint hint), does it make sense to buy a Bullpup rather than getting updates to existing SR9s's. Are there any additional useful updates built into the Bullpup that could not be fixed if we returned an SR9s for updates?

Can someone explain to me, do we need to be put on a list to buy one of the new Bond Arms Bullpups? Do we have to buy the old Boberg/Bond left overs before they sell the Bond BullPups?

Send an email to Liz explaining you are a Boberg owner and would like to get on the list.

GONRA ownes both 9mm and .45 ACP Original Bobergs that will become "Safe Queens".

UPS sez my 9mm Bond Bull Pup  "BondBerg"  will beat LGS 06/06/2017..

GONRA picked up Bond "Bullpup9" (note the "9") today (06/07/2017)

at LGS after lottsa UPS "tracking message confusion".

Looks great!  Will lube with Molykote "G" MoS2 paste, exercise a zillion tymes.  

Then blastaway with Winchester 9mm 115 gn. White Box Ammo

per Bond Arms Flyer in the plastic pistol box.

GONRA is confusing me. Query 1: Is the Bullpup 9 a true Bond Bullpup or is it the hybridized Bondberg? Query 2: IF it is a true Bond Bullpup, why then the Molykote G MoS2 paste, if the all new BOND specialized barrel and unlock block treatment is permanent and eliminates the of former Boberg requirement for goopy pastes in the locking lug/unlock block interface?

GONRA; said:

GONRA picked up Bond "Bullpup9" (note the "9") today (06/07/2017)

at LGS after lottsa UPS "tracking message confusion".

Looks great!  Will lube with Molykote "G" MoS2 paste, exercise a zillion tymes.  

Then blastaway with Winchester 9mm 115 gn. White Box Ammo

per Bond Arms Flyer in the plastic pistol box.

MoS2 and WS2 (Tungsten DiSulphide) are both excellent general purpose lubricants for all the rest of the parts. WS2 is better, but harder to find.

They both will form a film on metal. These are bonded by Van der Waals force, which is significant at the size of the particles that are used in the lubricants. They are very hard and persist. The WS2 takes the form of very small Bucky Balls. When sliding along a surface they can delaminate,  leaving behind  what is essentially a single atom thick lubricant that bonds to the exposed surface. It fills in the nano-scale pits and humps on the host surface with a very high lubricity and hard to wear film. It is one of the best best performing lubricants across a broad range of conditions (pressure, temperature, etc.). Both make your fingers very black when you deal with them.

So, treatment of the barrel assembly does not preclude their use in other parts. I would not be surprised if WS2 would not be a benefit even to the treated surfaces. I use it for most everything.

GONRA ASSUMES my shiney new 9mm Bond Bullpup9  is all new Bond Mfg. parts.

Will leave thoughts, details to you experts.

Molykote "G" MoS2 paste isn't for everybody, (DIRTY, not for POCKET CARRY!)

But it suited my "design reference collection" Just Fine since the original Stainless-on-Stainless .44 AMP AutoMag days.

Dropped an Email to Bond to add my name  to any .45 ACP Bond Bullpup45 list - if they ever doit.

WS2 looks interesting.  GONRA needs a source for this stuff.

alternety - can you tell us where to get the WS2 you use so successfully?  

(Someone  could sell me "powderd graphite" and I wouldn't know the  difference.

Don't wanna get ripped off on eBay or wotever...)

THANX!

GONRA:  I found this site that at least outwardly appears to be legit based on the pricing of the product.

http://ssnano.com/inc/sdetail/tungsten_disulfide_powder/372?gclid=C...

GONRA; said:

WS2 looks interesting.  GONRA needs a source for this stuff.

alternety - can you tell us where to get the WS2 you use so successfully?  

(Someone  could sell me "powderd graphite" and I wouldn't know the  difference.

Don't wanna get ripped off on eBay or wotever...)

THANX!

Archoil makes it. I bought AR4200 (CLP) and AR2400 (dry film spray). I don't think they make the dry film spray anymore. You have to order from a dealer, but I think they have a dealer list. Or you can find it on eBay.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service