They described the colors they say they have as all black, matte silver, and shiny nickle. Wished I'd heard about this before the red and blue frames were gone!

bRIAN

Many of you have been patiently (or impatiently) waiting for the release of the Bond Arms BullPup...

To give you an update, we are within about 3-5 weeks of starting to ship the first BullPups. (maybe sooner)

BUT, before we do, we are going to offer you an opportunity to purchase one of the last of only 262 197 Boberg XR9S that will ever be made.

These Bobergs are what we received when we purchased the company, once these are gone there will never be another Boberg XR9S sold.

This is an extremely small number of guns with Boberg’s original serial numbers on them.

(These will be collector items)

The only thing we added was Bond Arms Granbury, TX under the Boberg name on the frame (required by law since we now own them).

AND we replaced the barrel and unlock block with the BullPup’s coated barrel and unlock block.  This was done to eliminate the black gooey anti-seize grease that Boberg used. This greatly enhances the performance of the gun.

We have several different colors of frames to choose from in limited numbers, so once a color is gone, it’s gone. 

(Red and Blue Frames are now sold out)

These will be collector items, so don’t miss out on this Special Offer.

Call 817-573-4445 and place your order now so you don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity….

or email us at customerservice@bondarms.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

One other bonus we would like to tell you about:

When the Bullpup launches we will only be selling 150 per month 
at $977 MSRP. (we are now taking orders)

If you are a current Bond Arms owner, or you purchase one of the 

"Last Of The Bobergs" 

You will have the first opportunity to buy a Bond Bullpup.

We already have over 10,000++ people who are waiting for one.

Don’t Hesitate!! Once we let this news out about the Bullpup gun, we will be extremely backordered… 

The Last of the Bobergs” 

will be sold at the original Boberg price of: $1,300

Call 817-573-4445 and place your order now so you don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity….

or email us at customerservice@bondarms.com

Thanks,

Gordon Bond

President Bond Arms Inc.

Views: 1860

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What you probably want is the dry film spray. That is what I use mostly. Or something that sprays wet and the wet evaporates.

I have used the grease on the grease required parts of the SR9; but it is hard to attribute results because of the rather erratic behavior of the SR9.

I would concentrate on the WS2 rather than the "ceramic" version. They seem to have messed around with the product line since I last went to their site.

For a while, they were touting a mix that used a mystic substance from the Russian mountains. There are useful minerals there that can exhibit excellent properties (Perskovites) but they seem to have gone away.

Bottom line: WS2 (in the Buckyball form) is the best available surface lubricating material. Try to stick (sorry lubricate) with WS2; it should be in Buckyball form. It will bond rather tightly with the lubricated materials and form a fairly permanent lubricious surface.

My supplies were from Archoil and some personal contacts. There are also Millers Oils for automobile oil with WS2, and some available oil additive with WS2. Google is your friend (as opposed to my diminishing memory). The company behind much of the available WS2 can be found and they sell direct the last time I looked.

Beware of sites selling WS2 with large particle size vs ones selling the version that has much smaller particle size and will have a Buckyball structure.

Should you get a powdered form, which you can use to treat surface by burnishing or high pressure spraying with significant longevity,  be cautious of handing the powder. Not a lot of information out there (it seems to be safe) but I would be very cautions of using the powdered form and breathing the material.

That source with 800 nm particle size is not what we are talking about.

GONRA   thanks ya'll for all the useful info.  

For better or worse:                                                                                                                                                 Hava 2 oz. plastic bottle of Microlubrol brand WS2 powder 1/2 micron partiicle size arriving next week.  Plan to put a little WS2 into a small plastic vial, slurry it up in a little isopropyl rubbing alcohol with a toothpick.   Then use same toothpick to "paint" WS2 onto sliding surfaces twixt side and frame,  so the film of "factory lube"  will have some WS2 in it.    Then reassemble pistol and  exercise action many times to "rub WS2 into"   the metal surfaces.   Then repeat this procedure a few times before shootin'.

Have no idea how to test the worthiness of all  this.  Just another "pointless retired man project".                     Hopefully harmless to my shiny new Bond Bullpup9.  

Thanx again guys....

Ugggh... because that's what I purchased yesterday.

alternety said:

That source with 800 nm particle size is not what we are talking about.

GONRA's been aware of "nano" materrial hazards for many years.   Don';t wanna tempt fate and mess with it.

Hope the WS2 on order will verk its way into the metal surfaces.  We'll see...

Thanx again for all the interest guys!

Alcohol and some WS2 is what I do. A small syringe is a handy way to get it in the nooks and crannies. ebay has lots of them for sale with blunt tips.

I am now curious how long it will take for me to get a Bullpup.

Here’s some timing info that may (or may NOT) be relevant / interesting:

Last year, GONRA began bugging Bond for their new production Boberg.

Eventually, by 02/02/2017 had signed their electronic “disclaimer”. 

02/08/2017 arranged for LGS FFL FAX.

05/24/2017  Bond double checked my VISA info.

06/07/2017 LGS received Bond Bullpup9 after scary UPS screwup that just eventually “went away”

without further UPS explanation other than incomprehensible  UPS Corporate Happy Talk.

Now am bugging Bond for any .45 ACP (Bond Bullup45 ?) version they may produce.  Stay Tuned!

"... after scary UPS screwup that just eventually “went away”without further UPS explanation..."  

Hmmmm..... Someone tried to steal it. UPS "found" it buried under some discarded packaging materials, so no harm no foul??????

GONRA; said:

Here’s some timing info that may (or may NOT) be relevant / interesting:

Last year, GONRA began bugging Bond for their new production Boberg.

Eventually, by 02/02/2017 had signed their electronic “disclaimer”. 

02/08/2017 arranged for LGS FFL FAX.

05/24/2017  Bond double checked my VISA info.

06/07/2017 LGS received Bond Bullpup9 after scary UPS screwup that just eventually “went away”

without further UPS explanation other than incomprehensible  UPS Corporate Happy Talk.

Now am bugging Bond for any .45 ACP (Bond Bullup45 ?) version they may produce.  Stay Tuned!

Finally fooled arond with my shiney new Bond Bullpup9 (a "BondBerg".) 

Bond Bullup9  manual is “pocket size” and different than the original Boberg.

For example, note the “Half Rack” paragraph….

Have always been amazed that a firearms mechanism as COMPLEX asa Boberg functions at all.

Especially as smoooooth as the Bond Bullpup9!

One wonders if Bond tweaked everything – “just a tenth (RCH to you olde guys) here and there”. ???

Anyway, Bond Bullup9’s  disassemble easily:

Removed the magazine, take Down lever rotated operated smoothly, no need to urge it around. 

Slide just slid off.   Recoil spring  (with guide rod)  just stays put, not gonna fly around.

Made a  ~4 inch long #38 drill rod (0.1015 inch diameter) “slave pin”.

Sticking out the front of the slide whilst reassembling prevents any possible recoil spring kinking.

Lucked out - NO “flip link” issues when reassembling!   Barrel/lock block/etc. just slid back on too.

Used a toothpick to introduce Tungsen Disutlide WS2 (really fine, dust like, gray powder)

into slide / frame grooves.

Hoped it would “get into” the oil lubricant Bond used.  Can see a gray sheen in these grooves,

(NOT “nano grade” but I bet it will verk its way into the metal surfaces.)

Because of the unusual Boberg action, I believe users should NEVER load a live rounds

except at the range because of the “half rack” problem.  By far the best way (only for me!)

to deal with this is to SHOOT OFF BOTH ROUNDS with the magazine removed.

Loaded 7 rds. 115 grain Winchester “white box” 9mm Luger into 2 spare mags. 

Exercised pistol 100 times at range.

Put loaded mag into grip, slingshoted slide as is proper for this pistol, hand slipped off slide.

Then made a Big Mistake!  Retracted slide to check chamber, to see if I was successful. 

NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!!!   Could see a chambered round and another housed in the feeding apparatus.

“Half Rack”.   Eventually pulled out mag, fired 2 shots. 

Anyway, pistol shot Just Fine as expected, very pleasant to shoot.

You experts can comment on trigger pull, etc.

Bond Bullpup9 is really off to a nice start.  High price will probably limit sales though.

(GONRA needs a suggestion from you experts out there for a oily lube

that’s suitable for stainless-on-stainless, etc. galling issues.)  

(GONRA needs a suggestion from you experts out there for a oily lube

that’s suitable for stainless-on-stainless, etc. galling issues.)  

AMT who was a leader in stainless steel autoloaders always recommended Shooter's Choice FP-10 and I have had good luck with it.

If you want something a little more viscous, I use Mobil 1 on my Auto Mags and stainless 1911 rails with excellent results.  Stainless require a synthetic oil.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MOST XR9 ORDERS SHIP WITHIN 2 WEEKS!

The Bond Arms Bullpup Coming soon!

Latest Activity

genji posted discussions
Jul 24

© 2017   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service