Bond Arms, Inc. is excited to announce it has purchased the assets and product lines of Boberg Arms Corporation located in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Boberg Arms is the pioneering developer of compact and concealable, full-power semi-auto handguns featuring a unique, patented rear-feed system.

Bond Arms, of Granbury, Texas, is the industry leader manufacturing the smallest, most powerful and best built personal protection handguns.

The Boberg-designed bullpup semi-auto pistol is a perfect fit in the Bond Arms product line of precision- engineered, quality-constructed compact personal firearms. This acquisition is effective immediately and includes a transition period that may temporarily affect the ability of current Boberg Arms owners to receive quick warranty service if needed.

Boberg Arms will be relocating its manufacturing from St. Paul, MN to Granbury, TX over the next several months. It can be expected that in early January 2016, Bond Arms will begin servicing and supporting all current Boberg firearms. Also, during the first quarter of 2016 Bond Arms is expected to begin refining and building the next generation of these bullpup pistols under the Bond Arms name, on a limited basis at its Texas facility.

Customers of both companies are encouraged to follow the transition process on their respective current Facebook pages, and post any questions you may have there as well. This is also where we will announce when pre-orders for these next- generation Bond Arms bullpup semi-auto pistols can be placed, so stay tuned! --

thanks for everything folks!
~md

Views: 7055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the offer. I'm new to the forum process and I'm not sure how to create a private discussion. I avoid social media but my son might know how to do a private exchange.

Re: Trigger trick.  Yep.  You can ask Mark about it.  Apparently it doesn't work on the .45.  Re: PM, you can send one on the forum via your inbox I believe.  If not you can just send Robert another email address. I think you just have to put them in as a contact.  Nice of you to offer the part for him. Are they the same size as the XR9 springs?

Robert and I are now friends, I guess: now what?  Don't see anything on the inbox about PMs.  The difference in spring length I can't speak about, no XR9!  Thanks for your help, mur.cap.

No problem.  Sometimes I respond quickly.  But you can still use a personal email to communicate...."incommunicato!"

GONRA  suggests using a  #38 (check size) number drill shank asa "recoil spring slave pin" whilst reassembling.

Saves al kinds of    !@#$%^   problems.

You still have to be careful to get back end in the small aligmnent notch though.....

Thank you. I tried using a larger paper clip (it's diameter was a bit smaller so it wasn't a great fit into the interior of the spring). Once it was removed the spring went under the barrel due to the bend in it. I don't know how far forward the rod travels but it might be good to have a port the end of the spring could fit in in addition to the indent.  

Artosa said:

Robert and I are now friends, I guess: now what?  Don't see anything on the inbox about PMs.  The difference in spring length I can't speak about, no XR9!  Thanks for your help, mur.cap.

I sent a message so it should have gone to your inbox.

GONRA; said:

GONRA  suggests using a  #38 (check size) number drill shank asa "recoil spring slave pin" whilst reassembling.

Saves al kinds of    !@#$%^   problems.

You still have to be careful to get back end in the small aligmnent notch though.....

Again, thanks for this suggestion, I'll certainly use it until I get the routine for reassembly down pat.

My husband purchased the Boberg XR9S for me to carry. I love this gun! So easy to use, easy to chamber, very low recoil. Love it!! I should say "loved" it. Unfortunately it's broken now, due to the tiny internal spring. I've been waiting now for over a month to get a response from Mark. I emailed and called 3 times...no response. A very nice lady from customer service finally called me back and informed me of the Bond Arms transition. Now i will have to wait another month to contact Bond. Who knows how long it will take for them to accept, repair, and return my gun. Looks like a long time before i'll be able to shoot my very expensive Boberg gun. Not good customer service, to say the least. I understand businesses get bought and sold all the time, but repairs and service should always be available for your existing customers, especially after paying a premium price for your product. I love the product, but the customer service and communication needs some serious improvement. 

Timing is always a troublesome reality.  Even some large firearms companies have changed hands over the decades. Also keep in mind with the "war against firearms" by some State governors, firearms companies are relocating in order to protect our Second Amendment Rights.  The trials and tribulations of small businesses in the U.S. have been exacerbated by the antics of this present administration.  There are many laws, rules and regs with which Boberg Arms had to contend in order to keep vital.  Boberg has changed hands.  Bond needs time to get up and running.  It's a minor miracle this Forum is still available.  Now to your concern.  I have personally sold several of various springs to other "Bobergers" as I politely refer to them. I no longer have any springs, just one front sight and one Remora pocket holster. Of which "tiny internal spring" are you speaking? If Bond has purchased all of the Boberg parts, then Boberg can't provide them. So it's a business issue and not one of customer service.  There's a possibility that someone can offer a spring pending the Bond production cycle. But it is understandable that during this interregnum Boberg parts will be rare as hens' teeth.

Arin, I agree with you.  The seller should continue to service existing firearms until the training and transition is complete.  That would be acceptable customer service.

Arin Hopkins Brandt said:

My husband purchased the Boberg XR9S for me to carry. I love this gun! So easy to use, easy to chamber, very low recoil. Love it!! I should say "loved" it. Unfortunately it's broken now, due to the tiny internal spring. I've been waiting now for over a month to get a response from Mark. I emailed and called 3 times...no response. A very nice lady from customer service finally called me back and informed me of the Bond Arms transition. Now i will have to wait another month to contact Bond. Who knows how long it will take for them to accept, repair, and return my gun. Looks like a long time before i'll be able to shoot my very expensive Boberg gun. Not good customer service, to say the least. I understand businesses get bought and sold all the time, but repairs and service should always be available for your existing customers, especially after paying a premium price for your product. I love the product, but the customer service and communication needs some serious improvement. 

Thank you for your reply. That's all i expected from Boberg, was a reply. However, i received nothing. Finally, after several weeks of calls and emails, a nice lady called me. Communication is both expected and appreciated. As far at the "internal spring", it's the tiny spring that keeps the hammer in the up position. The hammer now drops down and nothing is holding it in the up position. We spent a lot of money for this gun, and unfortunately it will not be useable for several months. Not good. 
mur.cap said:

Timing is always a troublesome reality.  Even some large firearms companies have changed hands over the decades. Also keep in mind with the "war against firearms" by some State governors, firearms companies are relocating in order to protect our Second Amendment Rights.  The trials and tribulations of small businesses in the U.S. have been exacerbated by the antics of this present administration.  There are many laws, rules and regs with which Boberg Arms had to contend in order to keep vital.  Boberg has changed hands.  Bond needs time to get up and running.  It's a minor miracle this Forum is still available.  Now to your concern.  I have personally sold several of various springs to other "Bobergers" as I politely refer to them. I no longer have any springs, just one front sight and one Remora pocket holster. Of which "tiny internal spring" are you speaking? If Bond has purchased all of the Boberg parts, then Boberg can't provide them. So it's a business issue and not one of customer service.  There's a possibility that someone can offer a spring pending the Bond production cycle. But it is understandable that during this interregnum Boberg parts will be rare as hens' teeth.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service