I know there is at least one person on the board that's interested in this test.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/liberty-ammunition-civil-defense-li...

I'm saving my check for my XR45-S.  Should be light as a feather with a magazine full of Civil Defense. 

Views: 834

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It does take a significant investment to get started.  I've invested quite a bit of time and money developing my own reprocessing methods, special size blocks, testing rig, etc., but I'm a heavy user of the product.

Anyone with the inclination, can buy a couple of blocks, mold, and cooker to do their own testing.

The Cleveland IWB holster has enough clearance to allow the longer barrel. Other Kydex holsters, like the Alabama Holsters pocket versions, could probably be shaved a little to allow the barrel not to touch. The Dirty Berg barrel shot shows how it needs a little trim.

Of course, the extra sticking out in a pocket holster might wear out your pockets faster and maybe defeat the purpose altogether. 

Guys,

This is probably a dumb question, but is there a speed loader that would work with the magazines.  Or have you heard if Arne is working on one?  Or... is it just a bad idea i'm thinking about.

Norris

Because the round is stripped from the back of the magazine,  stiff/heavy spring tension is not necessary.

Boberg mags are a joy to load.  Even the last round is no problem. 

Norris Freedman said:

Guys,

This is probably a dumb question, but is there a speed loader that would work with the magazines.  Or have you heard if Arne is working on one?  Or... is it just a bad idea i'm thinking about.

Norris

It takes about 10 full reloads to get the spring loosened up. I was just curious.

I told Arne yesterday, someone was watching me load while my buddy was shooting( we shared a range booth as it was crowded) and thought I was a newbie and loading my mags wrong, asked me I need some instruction.

Then I had to show him what it was about. Then he wanted to shoot it, asked if unwanted to sell it. Told him the website.

If someone told me that, I would have put my backwards loaded mag into the gun and fired it, then told him he wasn't as smart as he thought he was.

Yea, I wasn't quick enough on that one.  It's gonna happen again, I guarantee it.  Nobody in Northern Illinois has seen the Boberg except me, even the major gunshop owners "say" they never heard of it, and they sell everything else but it. I asked one manager if he keeps up with the major gun shows and magazine  and web reviews, he said yes, I asked then how could you not know of this firearm? No answer.... Very typical of the large places.

Here ya go.

Thanks, I'll forgo that. I don't want to break the mag. Plus they loosed up after about 10 full reloads per mag. I bought one extra mag with my gun build order. 3 is enough.

I keep 2 mags loaded 24-7-year round. 

I use them to practice at the range as well. 

ZERO negative effect due to constant spring pressure. 

Boberg's don't need a lot of spring force to make them go.

My Guncrafter #3 in 50GI has a very stiff mag spring! 

The 24# slide spring is heavy as well. 

It feels like charging a magnum pellet pistol when I rack the slide. 

I really appreciate all the features and benefits Boberg has packed into the XR series! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service