Preventing Slide Lockup & Ammo Jams: Owner's Manual Cleaning & Lube Instructions

The full Owner's Manual is available for free download here.

From the Cleaning & Maintenance section:

Clean the barrel bore with a premium quality, powder removing solvent and bore brush. Wipe the bore clean with a bore patch or swab. Using a small brush and solvent, remove all deposits from around the breech of the barrel, and chamber, extractor, locking lugs, and adjacent areas which have been subjected to the action of the powder or primer residue. Remove any residue on the frame with light brushing and solvent. Clean the magazine well by removing any grit, dust, or residue with a magazine well swab.

The Boberg XR9-S comes pre-lubricated at the factory with a non-evaporating lubricant. However, it is recommended that the XR9-S be periodically lubricated, especially after cleaning. In Figures 13-20 the key lubrication points are shown. One drop of oil in each area is recommended. Any excess lubricant should be wiped off, especially on the grip area. While we currently use Break-Free CLP™ brand lubricant; any product of equivalent performance should be sufficient.

And use a Moly-based lube such as LPS on the unlock block as shown:

Views: 7414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've got a request in to Arne to send me photos of the new lube points.  As soon as I get them, I'll add them to the original post photos above.

For those that use CLPs - either Breakfree or EEZOX or whatever -

Do you add any extra oil to any particular oil points or do you just squirt the CLP and let it dry?

I am not adding anything after the Eezox.

I've been using micro drops of Militec1 to all oil points after cleaning with CLP and/or EEZOX.

Somewhere I have a 50 year old container of Moly lube. That gives you a feel for how long a pound or so lasts. It has been my lubricant of choice for anything that needs lowest wear and highest environmental conditions.Including some areas of gun actions. I will go find it. Last move still not put back into order. I think it was intended for wheel bearings. A high pressure, high temperature application.

Could someone please post pictures on where and how much moly to use?  I think I am using too much.

I am putting it inside the hole in the unlock block and on the vertical surfaces of all three barrel protrusions.

I think you're putting the lube in the correct places.  The moly should be placed in the unlock block and the barrel protrusions so they are coated. Like with all "lube,"wipe off the excess.  Arne has indicated that the moly enters the metal after each application and is not easily removed with gun solvent (it's a "molecular" thing).  The areas you are coating have high heat and pressure so the moly is recommended.  You can check with Arne directly for verification.  Which moly lube are you using?

I noticed your "handle."   We may be "neighbors."  You can give me an email "earshot" at malcap1@msn.com if you wish.

Just "schmeer" it on the protrusions on the unlock block and barrel protrusions.  Wipe off excess.   I just put it on with my fingers.

Bruce said:

Arne mentioned that additional lube points have been added. If I can get some pictures on the oil and anti seize application points, I would be happy to update my document.
soak with LP, blow off with air, wipe down . Shoot. Keep inside barrel bone dry.

mur.cap said:

Just "schmeer" it on the protrusions on the unlock block and barrel protrusions.  Wipe off excess.   I just put it on with my fingers.

Bruce said:

Arne mentioned that additional lube points have been added. If I can get some pictures on the oil and anti seize application points, I would be happy to update my document.

What's the "LP?"  With my handguns, I usually keep a light coating of oil on the barrel itself. When using the Breakfree CLP, it penetrates well so I just wipe-off the excess residue.

mike Lecka said:

soak with LP, blow off with air, wipe down . Shoot. Keep inside barrel bone dry.

mur.cap said:

Bruce said:

It is non cleaning version of CLP.

OK, so it's a Breakfree product if but only "lubricate and preserve."  What product would that be? Breakfree also provides a foam bore cleaner to remove copper residue. I use it sometimes after cleaning the bore with a  various cleaning solvents or Hoppes No. 9, or Hoppes Elite.  I believe everyone has their own individual cleaning rituals.   I haven't heard any comments about "sonic" cleaning methods and solvents.  It may not be recommended due to the quantity of parts in this pistol eventhough some say they have a bit or work getting into the "nooks and crannies."  Maybe Arne can advise.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MOST XR9 ORDERS SHIP WITHIN 2 WEEKS!

The Bond Arms Bullpup Coming soon!

Latest Activity

John s neska replied to Vern's discussion Bond XR9-L
36 seconds ago
Luke Gardner replied to Vern's discussion Bond XR9-L
Sunday
Vern replied to Vern's discussion Bond XR9-L
Sunday
Brian Hunt shared a profile on Facebook