Hey I just found this and am pretty stoked to get one, just not in full production yet

check out this review and their site

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/01/18/raven-concealme...

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/

Tony

Views: 1261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Somewhat similar to the MIC holster, which I want for the XR9-S.

Nah!  You don't want a "trigger holster," I think a "gun holster" to cover the handgun.  Seems to have "safety issues."  Also, you spent 1k on a specialty pistol, not to just "tuck" inside the pants.  There are concerns with sweating causing rust or pitting, especially in warmer and salty climates like Florida or other near the ocean parts of the country.  One man's "experienced" opinion.  I once got my old Chief J-Frame rusted (and started to "pit") carrying in a bellyband.  I had the entire gun Tefloned.

wow Mur

thanks for the wisdom, never thought about sweat messing or pitting the finish, I did pick up a Versacarry for it and it sits very well at the apex front in-waste band with that, (basicly clip)

Nah, I know what I want! I didn't spend $1k to have the worlds most compact 9mm safe queen, patina is to be expected.

Has more applications than mexican carry.

Safer use of Smart Carry, slimmer pocket carry, option to mexican carry more safely, safe storage in a bag, etc.

You won't rust the XR9-S.  If the grips screws start to rust, we will replace them with blackened SS.

Thats good to know, thanks arne

I finally did manage to get to the range yesterday and shot it with a Kahr P380 , both performed very well

You're welcome Tony.  I've carried handguns being a retired LEO since 1969.  They are more like "tools" for police officers who carry often and sometimes aren't treated too lovingly, due to wear and tear.  I wasn't speaking of a "patina" but of steel which can rust.  Even stainless steel pistols can develop rust.  The XR9-S is a challenge regarding how to "carry" who who wishes to carry and "how."  Most of us like to "baby" our handguns.  There are quite a few decent holster manufacturers out there but only a few make one specific to the Boberg.  I'm using a Meco IWB "cant" version and a Remora.  Each to his own "carry" style and holster choice. Just a small aside, speaking of "Safe Queens."  I greased, stored and placed my Walther PPK in my safe for a year or two in a special "rust prevent" plastic bag.  When I inspected it upon take-down I noted some rusting (not patina) at some pivot points.  I re-cleaned it, stored it and now keep an eye on it.

tony coraccio said:

wow Mur

thanks for the wisdom, never thought about sweat messing or pitting the finish, I did pick up a Versacarry for it and it sits very well at the apex front in-waste band with that, (basicly clip)

Any ideas when the blackened stainless grip screws will be available. Every time I'm bragging about my $1,000 pocket ,pistol and how great it is the first comment I get is "There is rust on your gun".

Arne Boberg said:

You won't rust the XR9-S.  If the grips screws start to rust, we will replace them with blackened SS.

If the grip screws begin to rust on any pistol, there's product by Loctite called Extend Rust.  You just paint it  over the rust once, let it dry paint it again and it turns the rusted areas black in (patina) color.  It comes in a plastic jar and looks like evaporated milk in color and consistency.  Just carefully follow the directions.  It works as well on other rusted items, say like under your car hood where the metal rusts by the latches, etc. on older autos. You can order or get it at your hardware store for about eight dollars.  Here's the web address:

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/s_trmt_extend/overview/Loctite-Ext...

Christopher Jerold Rogers said:

Any ideas when the blackened stainless grip screws will be available. Every time I'm bragging about my $1,000 pocket ,pistol and how great it is the first comment I get is "There is rust on your gun".

Arne Boberg said:

That sounds like some interesting stuff. But to be honest I'd rather spend the $8.00 on new screws that won't rust.

The product is useful in general.  You could always get nickle or steel screws and gold plate them.

Ha Ha, I'm not a big fan of gold on pistols. I'm going to see if fastenall has anything go stainless or black stainless that I can replace them with.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MOST XR9 ORDERS SHIP WITHIN 2 WEEKS!

The Bond Arms Bullpup Coming soon!

Latest Activity

John s neska replied to Vern's discussion Bond XR9-L
Nov 24
Luke Gardner replied to Vern's discussion Bond XR9-L
Nov 18
Vern replied to Vern's discussion Bond XR9-L
Nov 18
Brian Hunt shared a profile on Facebook