I received my brand-new XR45-S on Thursday evening and picked up some Winchester white-box FMJ to go with it.

Went through a couple of mags worth on Thursday evening, with a couple of FTF, and then Friday afternoon as well.  On Saturday afternoon, after two rounds, the gun jammed.

I could not remove the magazine, nor could I pull the slide back.

After removing the magazine floor plate, I got the ammo out of the gun.  Then I was able to remove the magazine.  I could see that the lifter assembly - the bent piece of spring steel that lifts the round up toward the chamber was bent upward and back between the tongs and keeping the slide from moving.

I managed to reach in through the grip and bend it out of the way, freeing up the slide.

I've now spent more time waiting for a reply to my email to repair@bobergarms.com (as well as a forum message to Mark, and earlier this morning a phone message to Boberg Arms) than I spent with a working pistol.

It would be nice to hear from someone ... and nicer to have a replacement part so I can get this thing functional again.

Views: 211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Crickets ... four days ... seriously?????  I just don't get it.

Does anybody know how to get a reply from these folks????

Hey Paul they are a very small company, each one of them probley have several different jobs to do through out the day, also it's the holidays time and several employees may be taking off, don't worry they will fix it for you, just give them a little time to respond,

I'm a "very small company" myself, so I am trying to be patient.  However, in the absence of a sign in the virtual window saying "no one's home this week", over four days without even an acknowledgement  of my attempts to contact them for service is simply unacceptable.

I'm mystified, since this is not at all what I expected.

Randy said:

Hey Paul they are a very small company, each one of them probley have several different jobs to do through out the day, also it's the holidays time and several employees may be taking off, don't worry they will fix it for you, just give them a little time to respond,

Caught Mark in the office this morning.  Parts will be on the way shortly.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Blaine Glynn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service